Sunday, February 27, 2005

FO on Parade!


My first sweater, which I finished up the other night. I'm still not crazy about how the arms attached, but it looked great on me and wore comfortably, so I can't really complain too much. I used the set-in sleeve pattern from the Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns and worsted merino from handpaintedyarn.com knit at 3 sts/inch. It fits great!


Close-up of sweater arm



This is my favorite FO ever! It's a scarf made with 3 skeins of Plymouth Baby Alpaca DK on size six needles in a reversible stitch pattern. The scarf pattern, from Plymouth, came free with yarn purchase from NeedleNook in Atlanta, GA. It's so soft and yummy! I worked on it constantly for the first week of Christmas break. It's the only "perfect" item I've ever done! :)



The stitch pattern for my favorite scarf. At an hour per ten row repeat, I'm still amazed at how fast I finished it.



These fingerless mitts were knit from a pattern in Weekend Knitting. They're in bulky luxury cashemere from AC Moore (a lovely blend). The yarn was fun to knit with and they knit up fast. The one on top wound up an inch longer than the one on bottom - it was knit over Christmas break while the other during a basketball game. Oops! I wound up frogging the longer one and reknitting it during another Wolfpack game on TV to achieve similar tension.


This felted hat was made out of Cascade 220 using a Fibertrends pattern. I love it but need to felt it just a tad more to make it work out right.



My Zeeby's bag in Cascade 220. I learned how to knit backward on the never-ending gusset, so that was fun. Sometimes I play with the idea of felting this guy because it seems so floppy. I did sub in yarns and I wonder in the Lamb's Pride worsted has more inherent shape as a single ply than the Cascade does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to get that pattern for the fingerless mitts from you :)
~sarah

Anonymous said...

Great sweater! How many skeins of handpainted did you end up using?