Sunday, February 20, 2005


I'm hoping to get around to adding pictures of all my FOs sometime in the next few weeks. Here's an almost FO - my first booga bag. I finished knitting it in November and felted it in december. This is pre-felting.


And here it is, post-felting.

Today I went to Great Yarns with Emily. In the store they had a sample scarf that was simple but gorgeous - it was five strands of Goddess Yarn's Julia held together and knit in garter stich on size 19s. The play of the colors against each other was fabulous. Since I can't afford a $35 scarf, I picked three of my favorite colors in it. Then I realized that for the same price, I could get the same colors in Cascade 220 and have leftovers to play with. It feels a little different, being 100% wool instead of wool/alpaca/mohair, but I LOVE Cascade passionately so I think it was an awesome deal. I've balled one skein and have two to go.

I also restarted coronet on Friday night, and it's going great. The second booga bag in progress is on the back burner for now. I hit gauge on the Clover wrap using size 1's. Which means I'll need 0's for the ribbing - yikes! But as long as I have $texas in the yarn already, I figure it'll be a good challenge and will look more flattering on me than anything bulky.

Speaking of bulky-ish things, I redid the shoulder seams on the heavy-worsted weight sweater I finished the knitting on last week. Tomorrow night I'm hoping to get up the gusto to at least attach the sleeves, then seam the sides the next day. Why didn't I knit this thing in the round?!?

No comments: